Dive into Lake Tahoe without getting wet! Explore the interactive exhibits, learn about the lake ecosystem, and why it's changing, and find out how you can keep Tahoe blue.
When you visit the Tahoe Science Center, you learn the latest findings from the world-class UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center (TERC), a global leader in research, education, and public outreach on Lakes.
Hours and Tour Times
Docent-guided tours of the UC Davis Tahoe Science Center are available Tuesday through Friday from 1 - 5 p.m. year round. Tours begin on the hour and walk-ins are welcome. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, the Tahoe Science Center is also open on Saturdays from 1-5 p.m.
The Tahoe Science Center will closed for the following dates:
- Cesar Chavez Day (last Friday of March)
- Independence Day (July 3 - 4)
- Thanksgiving (third Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of November)
- Winter break (December 24 - January 5, 2020)
Additionally, please be aware of snow days during winter, call 775-831-1314 ext. 7597 to check for snow closures.
Walk-in visitors are welcome during regular open hours. Call (775) 881-7566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a large (10+) group tour.
Recommended for children ages 8 and older.
291 Country Club Dr.
Incline Village, NV 89451
Located on the first floor of the Tahoe Center for Environmental Sciences building on the campus of Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village, Nevada. For directions click here)
There are five marked Visitor Parking spaces located in the Sierra Nevada College campus parking lot off Country Club Drive nearest the Tahoe Center for Environmental Science (TCES) building. If no visitor parking spaces are available, obtain a dated Visitor Parking Permit from the volunteer docent on duty and park in a UC Davis parking space.
Donations welcome, admission is free.
There's something for everyone...
- For families looking for fun and learning, there are interactive exhibits on the Tahoe Basin's important ecological challenges and an award winning 3D movie, "Lake Tahoe In Depth." (Also available in Spanish)
- For school groups, there is kid-friendly science curriculum covering topics such as geology, ecology, and more.
- For those interested in green homes and workplaces, there are working examples of sustainable design, construction, and landscaping in our LEED Platinum building.
- For lifelong learners there is an evening lecture series, check out the events calendar for a list of upcoming events.
Tours include the following Exhibits:
- Research Boat (click for more information)
- Virtual Laboratory (click for more information)
- 3D Visualization Theater (click for more information)
- "Shaping Watersheds" Interactive Sandbox (click for more information)
By Appointment or Special Request:
- Green Building Tours and Green Points of Interest (click for more information)