Dive deep into the lake without getting wet at Lake Tahoe’s only science center.
Dive into Lake Tahoe without getting wet! Explore the interactive exhibits, learn about the lake ecosystem, and why it's changing, and find out how you can keep Tahoe blue.
When you visit the Tahoe Science Center, you learn the latest findings from the world-class UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center (TERC), a global leader in research, education, and public outreach on Lakes.
Hours and Reserved Tour Times
The UC Davis Tahoe Science Center is open to the public with advance timed tickets
|Labor Day through May 31||June 1 through Labor Day|
|Tuesdays - Saturdays
11am and 12:30pm
|Tuesdays - Friday
11am, 12:30pm, and 2pm
11am and 12:30pm
We look forward to welcoming visitors back in accordance with campus protocols prioritizing health and safety. Please check out our reopening protocols as they are subject to change for more information. Masks are currently optional for all visitors to the science center at this time.
Tahoe Science Center Virtual Tour Series videos are available on the UC Davis YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/ucdavistahoe). There are currently seven virtual tour videos as part of this playlist along with many more specialty videos available in our channel. Subscribe to the UC Davis Tahoe channel to receive updates as new videos are being added.
291 Country Club Dr.
Incline Village, NV 89451
Located on the first floor of the Tahoe Center for Environmental Sciences building (directions) on the campus of University of Nevada, Reno at Tahoe in Incline Village, Nevada. Reserve your tour time today!
There are five marked Visitor Parking spaces located in the University of Nevada, Reno at Tahoe campus parking lot off Country Club Drive nearest the Tahoe Center for Environmental Science (TCES) building. If no visitor parking spaces are available, obtain a dated Visitor Parking Permit from the volunteer docent on duty and park in a UC Davis parking space.
$5-10 per person
There's something for everyone...
- For families looking for fun and learning, there are interactive exhibits on the Tahoe Basin's important ecological challenges and an award winning 3D movie, "Lake Tahoe In Depth." (Also available in Spanish)
- For school groups, there are kid-friendly science curricula covering topics such as geology, ecology, and more.
- For those interested in green homes and workplaces, there are working examples of sustainable design, construction, and landscaping in our LEED Platinum building.
- For lifelong learners there is an evening lecture series, check out the events calendar for a list of upcoming events.
Tours can include the following Exhibits (click for more information):
- Virtual Research Boat
- Virtual Laboratory
- 3D Visualization Theater
- Underwater Lake Tahoe
- Shaping Watersheds Interactive Sandbox
- Tahoe’s Plastic Problem
- Science on a Sphere (upon request)
- Find Tahoe Tessie
- Green Building Tours and Green Points of Interest
- Junior Limnologist Challenge (upon request)
- Lake Tahoe in Depth Touchscreens
- Native versus Non-Native Aquariums (more information coming soon)
- Fish Interactive from Redhill Studios (more information coming soon)
- Other Hands-on Activities
- Save Our Snow (social media interactive)
UC Davis wishes to acknowledge the many individuals and organizations who contributed their time, ideas, talents, and resources toward the creation of TERC's Tahoe Science Center.
Holidays and Closures:
- Winter Break (Last week of December and January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Third Monday of January)
- Presidents' Day (Third Monday of February)
- Cesar Chavez Day (Last Friday of March)
- Juneteeth (Third Monday of June)
- Independence Day (4th of July weekend)
- Thanksgiving (4th Wednesday-Friday of November)
Virtual Tahoe Science Center
Click here to start your free online virtual tour with your family today!
The Tahoe Science Center™ and the Tahoe Environmental Research Center™ are trademarks of the Regents of the University of California.