Science Education and Outreach
Through our education and outreach programs, the goal is to provide science-based information about the Lake Tahoe region in order to foster responsible action and stewardship. We provide engaging exhibits, interactive hands-on educational activities, and conduct effective outreach to draw student groups, residents, and visitors to our facilities. Our education programs inspire an interest in environmental sciences, stimulate curiosity, and motivate active conservation and preservation of fresh water resources.
UC Davis operates two science education facilities.
Our main facility, the Tahoe Science Center (left) in Incline Village, Nevada is open year-round and offers tours by reservation and our smaller Eriksson Education Center (pictured right) in Tahoe City, CA along with a 3-acre demonstration garden is only open during the summer season. We also offer education and outreach programs geared towards: the general public, K-12 students, Teachers, Docents, and other special events.
The Tahoe Science Center will closed for the following holidays:
- Winter Break (Last week of December and January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Third Monday of January)
- Presidents' Day (Third Monday of February)
- Cesar Chavez Day (Last Friday of March)
- Juneteeth (Third Monday of June
- Independence Day (4th of July weekend)
- Thanksgiving (4th Wednesday-Friday of November)
Please be aware of snow closures, for more information call 775-831-1314 ext. 7597