Lake Tahoe In Depth Touchscreen Exhibits
The “Lake Tahoe in Depth” touchscreen exhibits are available at the UC Davis Tahoe Science Center, Tahoe City Visitor Center, and Incline Village Visitor Center. Check out real-time and historical date about all things Tahoe. Become a Lake Tahoe Citizen Scientist and contribute observations that can also be found in this exhibit.
Categories available for further exploration include the following:
- Images - From professional photographers to Instagrammers to AlertTahoe Wildfire livestream cameras. Explore these images, and check out the live streaming videos from the mountaintops!
- Activities - Tahoe is one of America’s primary destinations for fun! Explore the many activities you can enjoy here and discover locations to accomplish these.
- Weather - Tahoe enjoys sunshine about 300 days of the year, but rain, hail, or even snow can happen in any season. Check the forecast and be prepared! Dive deeper and check out the historical weather records and see how weather is changing since the early 1900s.
- Citizen Science - Non-scientists contribute to our understanding of the Lake by recording water, land, and air conditions. Join the fun! Contribute to the results and discussion of science by downloading the “Citizen Science Tahoe” app.
- Rivers & Creeks - There are 63 streams that feed into Lake Tahoe. The Truckee River, the only outflow from the lake, allows rafting if the lake level is high enough to flow out at the Tahoe City dam.
- Lake Conditions - The combination of wave height, water temperature, algae concentrations, clarity, and lake levels create a complex and ever-changing freshwater environment.